The Warrenville VFW Post 8081 was chartered in 1946 by Warrenville Veterans returning from WWII. Those Veterans subsequently acquired the property where the Veteran's Center currently sits. It took several years - and a lot of nights and weekends - to complete the work on the original building. Over the years there have been many additions to the building and the grounds to create what we have today.
As the building has evolved, so have the members. Over the past 10 years - the VFW has welcomed the American Legion Post 589, The American Legion Auxiliary and the Sons of the American Legion - three organizations whose values are in-line with the VFW - to join them in using the building and grounds. Together they have supported numerous teams, organizations, charities and families throughout the community.
Times change, usually for the better, and these organizations have seen the impact they can have working together. Through their common goal of helping the community - they have decided to form the Warrenville Veteran's Center. They would like to formally welcome all of Warrenville to join them in their Veteran outreach, charities, events and fun. No membership required.